This week’s topic will be Body Image & Bisexuality. Body image is most simply explained as the way that you view your body. Many times, one’s body image is influenced by opinions other people express about one’s body. Insecurities and other self-doubt can be imposed on any body type. It seems as though many people feel that they can criticize others’ bodies without permission. This can lead to bullying, stigmas, and ultimately just bad experiences. Fortunately, there are communities that are becoming relevant online and in person to combat this bullying and to promote body positivity for all sizes. Within the bi community, there can be stereotypes about certain people and how they should look. There can also be a sense of self care within our community that allows people to be who they are without question.
So, for these two weeks, we’d like to hear your experience with body image in the bi community. Below are some questions you can talk about, but also feel free to share any thoughts on the topic. We want to hear from all of you!
- · Has your experience in the bi community been a good experience for your body image and confidence in your body?
- Tell us about these experiences. Are there any that stand out? Why?
- · Are there any ideas that you have that would improve body positivity within the bi community?
- If you’ve had any bad experiences about body image in bi spaces, what do you wish would have been done to make the experience positive?
- · Are there any stereotypes you’d like to be eliminated about any body types within the bi community?
This topic will end on February 15th.
How this works:
-Create a new post about this topic, tag it #bitalks as the FIRST tag (after the 5th tag, it won’t show up in the tag)
- We will reblog the posts (except biphobic stuff if that arises), and quality commentary/responses as well (sometimes we miss stuff, so if you want to make sure we reblog your commentary, shoot us a message with the link to it)!
- We will create a masterpost when this topic closes (February 1) and credit to tumblr usernames unless otherwise noted in your post.
- Please tag trigger warnings as necessary.
You can also submit your #bitalks posts to Bitopia Magazine. You can do so by e-mailing them: firstname.lastname@example.org Note that you have to be at least 18 years old to do this. (More about our collaboration with Bitopia Magazine here) Thank you!
Masterpost for Topic 13 Bi Attraction Spectrum