For a lighter topic this time, we’d like to talk about the diversity of the way each of us is attracted to different people. Romantic attraction, sexual attraction, romantic and/or sexual attraction but only under specific circumstances. Different types of attraction towards people of different genders. Only being attracted to people of certain genders, but not others. Weird feelings of attraction you can’t really put to words that well. We want to talk about it all and celebrate the awesomeness of the diversity of bi attractions!
So, for these two weeks, we’d like to hear about all the different ways you’re attracted to different people. Below are some questions you can talk about, but also feel free to share any thoughts on the topic. We want to hear from all of you!
- What are you first memories of being attracted to someone? To people of different genders?
- Tell us about your attraction to people of different genders. Is it the same? Different? If so, how?
- Which traits do you find attracted in different people?
- Do you use any labels other than bi to describe the types of attraction you experience?
- How awesome is it to be attracted to be attracted to so many different people? ;)
This topic will be open for 2 weeks, ending on February 1.
How this works:
- Create a new post about this topic, tag it #bitalks as the FIRST tag (after the 5th tag, it won’t show up in the tag)
- We will reblog the posts (except biphobic stuff if that arises), and quality commentary/responses as well (sometimes we miss stuff, so if you want to make sure we reblog your commentary, shoot us a message with the link to it)!
- We will create a masterpost when this topic closes (February 1) and credit to tumblr usernames unless otherwise noted in your post.
- Please tag trigger warnings as necessary.
- You can also submit your #bitalks posts to Bitopia Magazine. You can do so by e-mailing them: bitopiamagazine at gmail dot com. Note that you have to be at least 18 years old to do this. (More about our collaboration with Bitopia Magazine here)
Masterpost for Topic 12 Bisexuality & Ageism