We talked about the relationship between bisexuality and gender before, but for the next two weeks we would like to hear especially from those of you who are trans and what your experiences are. Non-binary folks, whether you identify as trans or not, we also want to hear from you as well, although we will have a topic specifically about non-binary experiences in the near future. If you’re cis, you’re also welcome to share your thoughts on supporting trans folks in the bi community and in general.
Here are some questions you can talk about but don’t feel like you’ve got to answer them all or any of them:
- If you’re trans, how do you experience your gender in relation to your bisexuality? What do your gender and sexuality mean to you? How do these parts of your identity influence each other and your daily life?
- If you’re trans, how do you feel in the bi community/LGBT community in general?
- What do you think could be done to make trans folks feel safe and accepted in the bi/LGBT community?
This topic will end on October 25.
How this works:
- Create a new post about this topic, tag it #bitalks as the FIRST tag (after the 5th tag, it won’t show up in the tag)
- We will reblog the posts (except biphobic stuff if that arises), and quality commentary/responses as well (sometimes we miss stuff, so if you want to make sure we reblog your commentary, shoot us a message with the link to it)!
- We will create a masterpost when this topic closes and credit to tumblr usernames unless otherwise noted in your post.
Please tag trigger warnings as necessary.
You can also submit your #bitalks posts to Bitopia Magazine. You can do so by e-mailing them: bitopiamagazine at gmail dot com. Note that you have to be at least 18 years old to do this.