Let’s talk about labels, the bi label in particular, but also any other labels you identify with. We all know that bisexual is not the easiest label to have, with all the misconceptions and biphobia surrounding it, but we choose it anyway. So, let’s talk about what the bisexual and other labels mean to us.
(This topic was a suggestion from buildarocketboys.)
Here are some questions for you but feel free to talk about any other points pertaining to the topic.
- Why did you choose the bi(sexual)/(romantic) label?
- What does this label mean to you?
- Which misconceptions about the bi label have you encountered? How do you deal with it?
- Do you identify with any other labels? How do all of your labels interact in your overall identity?
This topic will be open for 2 weeks, ending on August 16.
How this works:
- Create a new post about this topic, tag it #bitalks as the FIRST tag (after the 5th tag, it won’t show up in the tag)
- We will reblog the posts (except biphobic stuff if that arises), and quality commentary/responses as well (sometimes we miss stuff, so if you want to make sure we reblog your commentary, shoot us a message with the link to it)!
- We will create a masterpost when this topic closes and credit to tumblr usernames unless otherwise noted in your post.
- Please tag trigger warnings as necessary.
- You can also submit your #bitalks posts to Bitopia Magazine. You can do so by e-mailing them: email@example.com Note that you have to be at least 18 years old to do this. (More about our collaboration with Bitopia Magazine here)