If you’ll forgive my attempt at a humorous title, for this installment of bitalks, we’d like to hear about your experiences and relationships with your families - parents, siblings, grandparents, extended family.
Here are some questions, as always, but also feel free to share whatever you like on the topic:
- What is your relationship with your family*? -Are there any other LGBTQ+ folks in your family that you know of?
- Are you out to anyone in your family? If so, how did you come out? If not, but you’d like to, how would you like to do it?
- How did your family react when you came out to them? If you’re not out to your family, how do feel they’d react?
- How (if at all) do you think your relationship with your family would change if you came out to them? If you’re out to your family, how (if at all) did your relationship with your family members change after your coming out?
- If you’re not out, do you wish to come out to your family/some members of it? Why/why not?
*All the questions simply say ‘family’, but I don’t mean your whole family, like, you can be out to only your siblings or cousins, but not to your parents. Feel free to answer all the questions about any and all family members that you want. Also, if you don’t have a family as society generally understands it (parents, siblings, and so on), feel free to talk about people in your life that you consider family.
This topic will be open for 2 weeks, ending on August 2.
How this works:
- Create a new post about this topic, tag it #bitalks as the FIRST tag (after the 5th tag, it won’t show up in the tag)
- We will reblog the posts (except biphobic stuff if that arises), and quality commentary/responses as well (sometimes we miss stuff, so if you want to make sure we reblog your commentary, shoot us a message with the link to it)!
- We will create a masterpost when this topic closes and credit to tumblr usernames unless otherwise noted in your post.
- Please tag trigger warnings as necessary.
- You can also submit your #bitalks posts to Bitopia Magazine. You can do so by e-mailing them: firstname.lastname@example.org Note that you have to be at least 18 years old to do this. (More about our collaboration with Bitopia Magazine here)
Previous topics masterpost here